Restaurant manager cover letter
View this sample cover letter for a restaurant manager, or download the restaurant manager cover letter template in Word.
Is your job search serving up less-than-appetizing opportunities? Time to restore order. To be considered for top restaurant manager jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a restaurant manager, or download the restaurant manager cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about food services careers and look for restaurant manager jobs on Monster.
Restaurant manager cover letter template
Sometown, NC 55555 | 555-555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
November 20, 2017
Ms. Myra Jones
55 Main St.
Sometown, NC 55555
Re: Restaurant Manager, Advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Jones:
If you are searching for a dynamic, hands-on and award-winning restaurant manager for DEF Restaurant on Broad Street, please consider my strong qualifications.
Beginning at age 16, I have worked in nearly all facets of food and beverage service. Following work as a busser, dishwasher, line cook, waiter and host/maître de within casual and fine-dining restaurants, I was recruited to serve as assistant manager for Riverside, XYZ Restaurant Group’s flagship 4-star restaurant.
Within three years I was promoted to general manager of Riverside, and last year the board of directors requested that I lead the turnaround of Dogwoods, the group’s fine-dining property.
Rewarded with two “President’s Awards” during my tenure at XYZ, my guest-first mentality and innovative approach to restaurant management have delivered:
- 18% revenue growth (last fiscal year) by launching new catering operations, restaurant concepts and dining options capitalizing on the latest culinary trends.
- 8% margin increase in one year by improving cost controls, minimizing waste, negotiating food costs and optimizing staffing.
- Triple the number of social media followers by introducing the company’s first digital marketing program.
I excel at building performance-driven cultures and supervising teams of up to 50 focused on service excellence and profit-goal attainment. If my track record and passion for F&B excellence are a close match to your needs, please call me at 555-555-5555. I hope to hear from you soon.
This effective restaurant manager cover letter quickly convinces the employer that your resume is worth reading and helps you stand out from the competition.
Your cover letter should clearly highlight your skills as they match the job requirements, so be sure to customize your cover letter for the specific job opportunity.
You can package your accomplishments and strengths in a powerful cover letter and position yourself as the right candidate for the restaurant manager job opportunity.
Restaurant Manager Cover Letter
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Mr Alan Stevens
Greenfields Hospitality Inc.
15 West Parkway
Long Island, NY 11551
Dear Mr Stevens
Please accept the attached resume in application for your Restaurant Manager position. I am confident that my X years experience in restaurant management provides me with the skills to make an immediate contribution to the success of your establishment.
A brief summary of the strengths I would bring include:
- successful planning and supervision of daily activities to consistently attain operational and profit objectives
- a history of building sales and profits by X% per year
- proficient in producing and presenting accurate and complete business reports
- solid track record of recruiting, training and leading a diverse team to achieve the highest level of customer service
- constant maintenance of rigorous standards of food and beverage quality and presentation in a fast-paced environment
My dedication and willingness to go above and beyond in a customer-driven environment combined with my working knowledge and background make me an excellent match for this position. I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you for an in-depth interview.
Thank you for your time and consideration, I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Cover letters are most effective when they clearly demonstrate why you are suitable for the specific job opportunity.
Focus on those skills and competencies that relate directly to the restaurant manager position. These are some of the competencies employers look for, highlight these in your restaurant manager cover letter.
Core Restaurant Manager Competencies
- good communication skills
- coaching, mentoring and motivation skills
- high energy level and ability to manage stressful situations
- high degree of organizing and planning
- rigorous attention to detail
- team building
- problem-solving skills
- judgment and decision-making
- customer service focus
This restaurant manager resume can easily be adapted for your own use.
Restaurant Manager Job Application Resources
Restaurant Manager Cover Letter Tips
Waiter Cover Letter
Manager Interview Questions
Job Interviews > Sample Cover Letters > Restaurant Manager
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page